Guest Post By @TinklingD
Its valentine season again and it’s the period Men and Women all over the world look forward to show their extreme affection and gestures to their loved ones through gifts, treats and heartwarming surprises. It is also a perfect time for most businesses to make a whole lot of money. The digital space has made it inexpensive to market and make sales on all your products or services.
Here are 5 tips we thought could give you an extra sales spark this Valentine.
- BE CREATIVE: You probably already know that you are not the only one selling the type of products or the type of services you render. You have a lot of competitors and so you need to stand out from the crowd. The best way to do this is to have a creative flow with your brand that distinguishes you from a pool of other competitors. With the many social media discounts and offers running this valentine, come up with something different, out of the box and interesting.
For example, see Christie Bloom’s creative valentine recipe idea here:
- CONTESTS: There is no doubt that a way to engage and put your products out there this season is by setting up a contest. Make sure the prize is worth it and the steps to qualify are as simple as possible. You could then offer a worthy discount for those who entered the contest but didn’t win as people are always skeptical to enter into your competition if there are no real incentives.
- DISCOUNTS and DEALS: This is a great way to give people a taste of your product, make sales and get loyal customers .Give discounts that are actually worthy of the season. If you can afford it, go big on your discounts. Valentine is a good enough time to run a buy one get one free or a buy one get one half price deal. Here is a good example by YNorth
- ADDED SERVICE: Team up with someone offering a related or complimentary service and run a full valentine package campaign. For example if you make cakes, team up with delivery and run a “surprise your spouse” valentine campaign, If you sell clothes, team up with a makeup artist and offer a full makeover and styling service, you can then team up with a restaurant and dessert maker to create a full valentine day out experience.
- HASHTAG: Social media onboards more and more folks day in day out, hence more conversations occur on social media platforms day in day out. This makes the hastag a very important feature on online socials i.e users are able to follow a conversation thread by following through the hashtag. Choosing a creative hashtag for your val campaign assure you some visibility as users are all out there searching for pictures and online content around the Valentine day hastag. Here are some ideas. #MeandMyVal #Valday #valmakeoverbyDex #giftsForVal #valgiftsforher #valgiftforhim e.t.c
This article is by TinklingD,a full service digital agency,for more information visit their website on www.tinklingd.com or call us on 07012140254.