Your Business And Social Media
It is highly important to advertise your products or services. As the popular maxim goes: “running a business without an advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark, you know what you are doing but the girl doesn’t.” These days though, the internet has given us more effective options to be able to reach out to millions of specific potential customers in any part of the world. It is called SOCIAL MEDIA.
There are, of course, lots of social media apps but the ones most commonly used in this part of the world ( and which your customers are most likely to be familiar with) are Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Wechat, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google+ and Snapchat. All these apps works differently with and each has its own rules and tricks but the common goal is to connect people. Some people dig in their heels and say, what is social media marketing going to do for me? Do I really need it? Yes. Yes you do — and here are some of the most compelling reasons why:
1. Social media posts can be used to drive targeted traffic
2. Using social media for business boosts your website’s Search Engine Optimization, that is it will make your website visible to search engines, which will in turn bring more people to see your website
3. If you do it right, social media will lead to a real relationship between you and your customer.
4. Users are receptive to your messages i.e People view Twitter and Facebook as social networks, not marketing machines. As a result, they’re less likely to see what you post as an advertisement and will be more likely to hear what you have to say.
5. Social media adverts allow targeting – One of the reasons social media is important is because of the highly customizable nature of social media ads. Facebook ads, for example, allow you to target users by things like location, education level, industry and even purchase history and the pages they’ve liked.