MAKING YOUR WORK BETTER WITH GREAT TEAMWORK
Before we talk about the benefits and importance of teamwork, We should begin with what teamwork really is in a business. Teamwork involves different people and different groups across a business working together to maximize their efficiency and to reach a common goal.” Two heads” as the maxim goes “are always better than one.”
There are many ways of organizing teams – some teams are organized around a particular product that is being developed by the company, while others are organized around a process, such as manufacturing or research. In addition to providing team members with experience, benefits of teamwork include increased efficiency, financial savings for the business, an increase in employee innovation and a boost to staff morale.
The importance of teamwork in any business can not be overemphasized, it gives employees a greater sense of belonging and of recognition, which helps them take greater pride in their work, and their company. As problems arise in one area, the entire team can deal with those problems and the company’s work can proceed much faster. Here are some other benefits of teamwork to your business:
- Creativity and Learning- the employee is confident to try new things as the employee knows someone else has their back in case things do not go as planned
- Blends complimentary strength- as teammates work together each member has the opportunity to work more on their strengths and to improve in their areas of weaknesses
- Builds Trust- the employee is more inclined to talk about their work problems if they can see capable teammates around them
- Conflict Resolution – settle conflict instead of turning to management.
- Sense of ownership- each member contributes their own quota to the business and thus no employee feels useless or overworked. that makes them feel like they have a stake in the success of the enterprise.