Stress is a state of mental or emotional strain resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances.Stress is inevitable and everyone will have to master the skill of dealing with it whenever it shows up at work.According to American Institute of Stress,80% of workers feel stress on the job and nearly half say they need help in dealing with the stress and 42% say their coworkers need such help.Research has shown that some stress is good for us because it enables us to function optimally at some levels whereas stress not dealt with could pose danger to one’s health.A survey by Talentsmart showed that 90% of top performers know how to manage their emotions when they are stressed and still remain calm to do what needs to be done.This implies that you could deal with stress encountered at work and this is how:
- Stay positive: Ensuring you maintain a positive outlook when things go wrong or did not go as you expected could help manage stress according to research studies.
- Delegate: There can be no proper efficiency at the workplace without delegation.You can not do everything on your own unless you have some silent plans to have a worn out body.Delegate task to your employees or the people needed to execute the task to your satisfaction.
- Talk it out with someone: You will definitely get to a certain point that work will seem overwhelming and might want to throw you off balance.At this point, talk it out with someone you trust either your boss, mentor or even a colleague.It keeps you from being drained unnecessarily.
- Learn to ask for help: You could find yourself racking your brain over a particular task over and over again and you not finding a way through, ask for help.
- Be organized: Being organized at your workplace is simply doing one thing at a time and even if you are going to multitask, then it must be less cumbersome so that you do not get unnecessarily anxious.
- Eat well and get enough rest: After the day’s work, ensure you have enough rest, stay off your phones for a while so your eyes will not be strained and eat a well-balanced diet.It is very important to take care of one’s self generally to avoid breakdown.
Hope this article was useful?Stay glued to this column for more helpful tips for you.