Be Responsible for Your Actions
You are totally responsible for your life and your ultimate success depends on the choices you make! This is a fundamental truth that you must accept if you plan to be successful.
Taking responsibility means accepting the blame for our actions and also accepting the duty for making improvements no matter how challenging it may be. It takes a lot of courage and boldness to do this!
People love to blame others for whatever happens to them. They blame their friends, environment, economy, government, etc.
Read through the thoughts of two great men i would like to quote on this subject matter;
“The inability to accept responsibility for our actions and behaviors is a result of insecurity. By taking responsibility, one feels they are admitting to being weak, powerless, or an opportunity to lose the respect of others. It may cause one to feel they will lose their sense of value and importance. On the contrary, taking responsibility earns you respect. We can’t be perfect all the time, we all make mistakes.” Audrey Marlene
“Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn again to exercise his will – his personal responsibility.” Albert Einstein
That’s just the truth. Blaming others for the unpleasant situation you find yourself will not solve the problem, rather it will prolong the period of the problem.
Here are some benefits of being responsible for one’s action.
• Taking responsibility increase your level of integrity. When you are responsible for your actions, people around you will begin to see you as a person of integrity, they will respect your opinion and believe your words.
• It makes you stronger. Being responsible involves facing challenges that emanate from your actions. Therefore, it makes a person stronger emotionally and psychologically. You will be prepared to face the worse and bring out the best.
• It gives fulfilment. When you take responsibility for your actions, you feel in charge and capable. It gives you a sense of fulfilment and high self-esteem.
• You command respect. A responsible man or woman is respected by people around him/her. People will always give you listening ears because they know you will stand by your words.
• It opens doors to opportunities. Responsible people are always recommended for any great opportunity that is available because people are rest assured that they are capable to do the job.
Therefore, my dear reader, If the situation you find yourself is not favourable enough, instead of complaining and blaming others, you must choose to work harder and make things work to achieve your dreams against all odds.
While your parent laboured to send you to school and pay your fees, it is your responsibility to be focused and come out with good grades. While you are married to that man or woman, it is your responsibility to make the marriage work. That mistake you made by having that unwanted pregnancy, it is your responsibility to make sure that the child lives a healthy life. No matter the circumstances that you find yourself, be bold to take the responsibility. It is essential for your personal growth.
Till next time, growth is life, endeavor to grow daily, GrowWithBolanle.