Guessed you had an amazing weekend, here are the highlights of events for this week and I hope you will attend all if not all.
The Relationship Between Good Governance and Youth Participation
The Kingsley Moghalu Youth Initiative invites you to our event tagged Leadership: The relationship between good governance and youth participation. A critical focus area for discussion will be on the role of the media in shaping public opinion and trust. Other areas of discussion include:
- Media as an indispensable partner in designing the Nigeria everyone desires.
- Understanding Public Policy; a critical skill set.
- Scaling the double hurdle of being a young woman.
- A global survey of young people taking political leadership. Working groups that will develop tangible and applicable solutions going forward.
Amongst our distinguished speakers and panelists are:
- Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and Professor of Practice of International Business and Policy at the Fletcher School of Law, Tufts University. He is also the founder of Institute for Governance & Economic Transformation, a Washington DC based think-tank.
- Edmund Obilo, Renowned investigative Journalist.
- Edem Dorothy Ossai, Mandela Washington and Executive Director Mentoring Assistance for Youth & Entrepreneurs Initiative.
- Timi Olagunju, Mandela Washington Fellow and Co-founder, Youths in Motion.
- Babatope Onikoyi Falade , CEO Onikoyi Hamilton Consulting.
Date : Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Time: 12:00PM-3:00PM WAT
Music According 2D Street and Scriptures MASS is a Multi-City Youth – Focused Concert Tour to cities with presence or access to multiple higher institutions of learning in Nigeria We seek to promote Nation building and Transformational values among youths, especially students in different higher institutions of learning MASS is promoted by a clique of professionals from diverse sectors of the Nigerian economy under the leadership of TOLULOPE TOLUWASE, widely known as TOLUccI – an astute Music, Media and Multimedia Production Professional and Minister. MASS Commenced from its modest beginning at Government Technical College, Osogbo on Friday 11th October, 2013, 5,868 youths from OAU, UNIOSUN, Federal Polytechnic Ede, IREEPOLY, BOWEN University converged on the ancient town of Osogbo to raise high intensity praise. The round moved from there to Oluyemi Kayode stadium at Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State on Friday, 31st October, 2014, where 4,202 youth drawn from EKSU, Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti, College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti etc. rend the heavens with their voices. The rocky city of Abeokuta in Ogun State hosted over 7,400 youths from FUNAAB, Babcock, MAPOLY, FCE Osiele, IlaroPoly on Friday, 30th October, 2015 at Abeokuta Sports Club and despite the rain, they had maximum fun. Next stop was at Akure, Ondo State on Friday 10th March, 2017 at the popular Democracy Park where 5,800 youths from FUTA, Adeyemi College of Education, FECA & Rufus Giwa Polytechnic converged in an electrifying night of Praise. Plans are already underway to host the largest ever edition at Liberty Stadium – Ibadan on Friday, 23rd February, 2018.
Date : Friday, February 23, 2018 & Saturday, February 24, 2018
Time: 7:00PM & 5:00AM respectively
Data Mining and Visualization
Data used to be perceived as a byproduct of a business activity or process. Not any more. Fast forward to today, businesses recognize that data has tremendous value, which can be used for reporting or data analytics. This can lead to better decision making.
Data Science and Analytics has become the latest hot topic, with many companies, rushing in to attract Data Scientist, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Artificial Intelligence Engineers. But even though the perceived value of data has increased over the last two decades, many companies still struggle with capturing, sharing and managing data. In short, most don’t know how to let their data tell (or sell) their story.
This training workshop is intended for students, Sales and Reporting staff, Intelligence gathering agencies, Marketing execs or anyone who needs to sniff out intelligence, from raw data.
Training Course Duration: 10:00 am – 4 : 30 pm (Saturdays)
Date : February 24 and March 3 (Two weekends consecutively)
Venue: Primere Conslts Training Hall, Sijuwola House, Wema Bank Building, Dugbe, Ibadan.
Fees: 10,000 ( Covers Lunch, Certificates, Training Resources)
WHAT WILL I LEARN
- Understand and Identify the principles of data mining
- Effectively summarize and present data clearly
- Use effective design principles when creating and presenting data
- Analyze Twitter Data with Twitter API
- Build Twitter API
- Data Mine using Orange Data Mining Tool
- Streamline and Analyze Data with Orange
- Learn Data Visualization and presentation with Tableau
Account Name : Awodeyi Tolulope
Account Number: 0119129035
Invitation Letter: Available on Demand
Group Training Available on Demand
Participants are to come with their laptop and internet facilities
Lunch and Light Refreshments will be served
In-House Training: for in-house Training call 08053507454
Deliverables: Certificate on completion, Training Manual, Cds (Data/video)
Ponula Culinary Festival
Meet the best chefs in town at the Ponula Culinary Festival.
Martha’s Kitchen, Bankylooascuisine, Chrysalis, Danjuma Suya, Jade’s cuisine and lots more
EAT, DRINK, DANCE AND BE HAPPY
Date : Sunday, February 25, 2018.
Time: 4:30pm-8:30PM WAT