It’s a big relief to the people of Ibadan and the family of Otun-Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Lekan Balogun on the release of the abducted twins.
The Twins, a boy and a girl, aged ix which the hoodlums abducted them at the Otun’s house at Akobo, Ibadan, together with their mother last week but she was pushed out of their vehicle after her SIM card was seized. It has been however confirmed that they have been released in Lagos where the abductors took them to.
However, it has been confirmed that the Abductors collected a sum of 10million naira as against the earlier bargain of 40million from the King.
The children were freed on Monday evening; the Police spokesman Adekunle Ajisebutu has confirmed their release also.He said the command would arrest the abductors and when asked if a ransom was paid to secure the release of the children, he declined to comment.
The Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, Aje Ogungunniso 1, has paid visited Oba Balogun.and he said the kidnappers would be brought to justice.
The incident has been described ungodly and wicked by the King’s younger brother; 80year old Ambali.
Represented by his younger brother, 80-year-old Ambali, the first-class monarch described the incident as wicked and ungodly.
The happy father, who refused to say whether the ransom would be paid by him and where or who it will be paid to, confirmed the reduction of the ransom and expressed his hope that the twins will soon come back to them very soon.
He said: “I’m very much optimistic that my children will join the rest members of the family very soon by the special grace of God and when they arrive, all of you will be in the know. I thank Nigerians, both at home and in diaspora for the massive support my family received so far and which we are still receiving.
“I’m also grateful to the state government and once again to the security agents for their efforts in ensuring the release of the kids just as I want to thank my tormentors in advance for the care given to the innocent children.