The Vice Chancellor, University of Ibadan, UI, Professor Abel Idowu Olayinka, has announced that the institution’s Appointments and Promotions Committee for Academic Staff today approved the promotion of twenty lecturers to professorial cadre.
The following members of the Faculty were promoted to the respective grades.
1. Dr E. E. Nwokocha- Department of Sociology
2. Dr Olakunbi Olasope – Department of Classics
3. Dr . I. Alarape- Department of Sociology
4. Dr J. O. Ekore- Department of Psychology
5. Dr Rasidi AKanji Okunola – Department of Sociology
6. Dr A. O. Adewuyi – Department of Economics
7. Dr. I. O. Pogoson- Institute of African Studies
8. DR GREE Ana- Department of Environmental heal Sciences
READER (ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR)
9. Dr A. O. Aderibigbe – Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
10. Dr Olatunde Owoeye – Department of Anatomy
11. Dr Olubunmi O. Bankole- Department of Child Oral Health
12. Dr S. O. Akinola- Department of Computer Science
13. Dr J. A. Ayangunna- Department of Social Work
14. Dr P. O. Ipingbemi- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
15. Dr Alero Akeredolu – Department of Jurisprudence and International Law
16. Dr Ruth Akinbola – Department of Jurisprudence and International Law
17. Dr O. O. Adefisan- Department of Wood Products Engineering
18. Dr Fadekemi Oyewusi – Centre for Educational Media Resources
19.Dr Bukola F. Adeyemi – Department of Oral Pathology
20. Dr. S. O. Ojo- Department of Wildlife and Ecotourism Management
Professor Olayinka said their promotion letters are ready and are being dispatched by the Deputy Registrar – Establishment Division (Academic Staff), Mr Gani Saliu.