3SC loses N5b annually to underestimated merchandise – Fayose

3SC loses N5b annually to underestimated merchandise – Fayose

A businessman, Isaac Fayose, says Shooting Star Sports Club of Ibadan loses not less than N5 billion annually by underestimating the prospect in merchandise.

Fayose told newsmen in Ibadan on Sunday the 4th of September 2016, that foreign football clubs attain their huge financial base from the exploration of  club merchandise.
He pointed out that  3SC had failed to explore this opening to make money.
He said: “We patronise Arsenal, Manchester United tee-shirts, bags, jerseys etc.
“I don’t think I have ever come across such an overbearing 3SC.
“3SC is supposed to be making nothing less than N5 billion annually if effectively and efficiently done.”

The younger brother of Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State said the club would only grow outside of government control, noting that foreign clubs are run by investors and supporters.

Fayose said he had in 2004 proposed to buy 51 per cent stake in 3SC, but was summoned to the late Chief Lamidi Adedibu’s house where he was asked to jettison the idea.
Fayose  “3SC is a big club in the continent and is not expected to be where it is today.”
He added: “A friend and 3SC fan in Turkey had also signified interest in taking over the ownership of the club in the past, but some people said it was Ibadan property.”
He said he had, in the past through his security outfit, ANIS, signed a deal with 3SC on ticket sales and security, adding that this lasted just a year.
Fayose said he made 40 per cent of sales of the ticket at the gate during the time of the contract, while 3SC made the remaining 60 per cent.
He added: “Then, I brought CCTV cameras, security dogs and other security gadgets to the stadium.
“We left after a year due to constant fight between our outfit and supporters who never wanted to pay.”
Fayose blamed the poor financial base of the club on 3SC’s management, whom he said always bring into the stadium several people without payment.

READ  How Oke Padi in Ibadan, Got it's Name

Fayose also called on the referees to always be fair in their officiating, while the League Management Committee should be more committed to moving the league to greater heights.

Fayose is the owner of ANIS Security Outfit, ALIBI TV, ALIBI Radio as well as ALIBI club and lounge in Ibadan, Lagos and Abuja.

Please leave a reply, You can use your FACEBOOK, TWITTER or GOOGLE ACCOUNT!

X