Five suspects who had been detained in connection with the gruesome killing of the commandant of the Command Secondary School, Apata Ibadan, Oyo state, Col. Anthony Okeyim regained their freedom on Tuesday the 17th of January 2017.

The five suspects, including two soldiers and three civilians, were granted bail at the state Criminal Investigation Department Office, Iyaganku, Ibadan where they were detained for a month and four days. One of the released suspects who was excited yesterday on their release thanked the security agents for a thorough investigation that led to their release.

The Deputy Director Public Relations, 2 Mechanized Division, Nigerian Army, Odogbo, Ibadan, Col. Timothy Antigha yesterday the 17th of January 2017, announced at the Headquarters 2 Division, Apata, Ibadan that the Army will continue to brief the media on the state of the investigation into the death of Col. Okeyim.

The Army had last week vowed to track down killers of the erstwhile Commandant, Command Secondary School, Apata, Ibadan and that it would do everything possible to fish out Okeyim’s killers as it works in conjunction with the police and the Department of State Services.

The division also assured the men of the press present  that the joint investigation “would not be concluded until the perpetrators of the crime are identified and brought to justice.”

The division also revealed that the autopsy conducted on the deceased showed that the late senior officer died as a result of intracranial pressure arising from fracture of the skull.

Col. Okeyim was murdered in the premises of Command Secondary School Apata Ibadan on December 12, last year. and his army division in conjunction with the Oyo State Police Command and the Department of State Services in Oyo State had since commenced investigation into the incident. Col. Antigha concluded that the investigation was still ongoing, but assured that appreciable progress has been made.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here